What would happen
if everyone only said:
"What would happen if",
and no one bothered
to go and find out
what would actually happen
- if we only tried.
The extreme commitment and unselfish efforts of Josef Schicker and his many helpers have made it possible that numerous social projects and developments such as schools, churches, streets and many more were built. This provided new hope and better living conditions for the population. Works and projects of Father Josef Schicker will now be continued by Bishop Antonio Bonifacio Reimann.
For many years, company GEISS AG as well as Family GEISS privately have been supporting the work of Father Josef Schicker from Neustadt a. d. Aisch and his colleagues successfully in respect of aid projects in Bolivia. 25 years, "José", priest and a long standing friend of family GEISS, was active in Bolivia as "Missionary", providing construction and development aid.
He and the Charity "Mission Bolivia, San Antonio e.V." are assisting in San Julián and surrounding area, the parish of Santa Cruz, Sucre and many other villages in Bolivia in over 40 development projects and programmes. The most important principles for them are:
· prevention instead of healing; also preventative measures such as house construction, nutrition, drinking water provision are extremely important as these help to prevent illnesses,
· education, schools and training have priority, as these aim at the future,
· rural projects are vital, as they limit the destructive migration to the towns,
· raising the profile of women, their importance and value, e.g. through literacy, training and further development, women clubs etc.
· without an improved infrastructure, economic development is not possible,
· nurture and support native cultural products and values,
· to involve all natives in the development process themselves, so that no development ruins are left behind,
· and again to mainly ensure that the aid provided does not damage the dignity of the people of Bolivia and they do not feel humiliated (neither guardianship nor regimentation).
Do you wish to help? At the same time, do you want to feel assured that your money does not disappear in some giant administration organisation, but actually cent for cent goes where it is meant to go bring aid to men and women where needed – then support Bishop Antonio Bonifacio Reimannia with the below account details under the password "Aktion GEISS":
Breslauer Franziskaner eV
BLZ 750 903 00
Constribution receipt will be sent automatically.
Many thanks from the Natives, Father Josef Schicker, Bishop Antonio Bonifacio Reimann and also from Family GEISS!