The basic equipment of our CNC trimming machines includes the following elements:
Control: Siemens Sinumerik Overview about available languages.pdf
- CNC-path control with SINUMERIK 840 D Solutin line
- Hard drive: 40 Gbyte
- Program memory: 1.0 Mbyte
The complete Sinumerik documentation, including all programming and operation guides in different languages can be found here.
Control: SINUMERIK 840 D Solution Line with Sinamics S120 drive system, NCU 720 and Safety Integrated.
In The dual channel set up of this controller permits the use of Safety Integrated Siemens -security technology which is based on software only, without any additional mechanical safety relays. The advantage for the user is the comfortable operating of the machine and the increased level of security to both the machine and operator. The reaction times that guarantee the safety integratation in case of an error are not achievable with a mechanical system. Due to safety integration it is possible to safely (category 3) monitor speeds and positions. Therefore, according to CE regulations, the acceptance key is no longer required as it is for single channel controllers. This is an especial advantage during teaching-in.
The axes drives are equipped with optical high precision encoders in combination with this controller.
Control components and interfaces:
- Flat screen with 10.4" TFT-Colour display
- MACHINE CONTROL PANEL
- CNC complete keyboard (QWERTY)
- Sinumerik PCU50.3, Intel Technology
- MS-Windows OS
- Interfaces: 4 x USB
- Ethernet Network connection on board 10/100 Mbit/s
Please note: The network connection can only be accessed by a network administrator.
- Comfortable programming language editor according to DIN 66025 with comprehensive language elements
- Circle centre point programming
- Radii programming
- Circle programming via 3 points
- Comprehensive parameter technology
- Writing of programmes parallel during processing
- Move to reference point via program
- Acceleration with soft-start feature
- Programmable acceleration
- Programming of sub-routines and macros
- 2D+n screw line interpolation
- Inserting rounded lines
- Basic concept of various arbitrary transforming, rotating, scaling and mirror imaging of programmes and program sections free in space (coordination transformation)
- 5 axis processing package, 5 axis tool length correction, orientated tool retraction (via TOFRAME), RTCP (TRAORI)
- Dialogue guided programming with graphic contour setting, technology storage, application pictures and simulation
- Correction of tool radii and length
The programmes of all GEISS machines are compatible with the latest models, which means that every new machine can carry on working with the existing programmes.
The machine is equipped with orthogonal trimming head and GEISS spindle which has proven its reliability over many years. Both ends of the axes protrude which permits independent operation with two different tools. The spindle power is 6 kW, the tool is clamped in an ER 16 collect chuck. The spindle runs on sealed ceramic bearings which are lubricated for life. This spindle carries guarantee of 1.000 operating hours against wear and tear – excluding operator errors. The speeds are freely programmable up to 30.000 rpm via CNC program.
This machine requires an external cooling unit with capacities as offered under Option 1).
Also included in the standard equipment:
- Complete vacuum equipment consisting of a vacuum pump 100 cbm/h with vacuum valve, release valve and a pressure switch.
- Closed safety cabinet with security locked sliding doors comprising PET or PC windows.
- Processing of large CNC programmes from the hard drive or external disc drive.
- Look-ahead function for automatic recognition of points of discontinuity at the trimming contour. Automatic calculation and adjustment of the optimum feed rates over several CNC blocks.
- The standard machine colour is light grey, RAL 7035 with the movable parts being painted in red-orange, Ral 2008 and the doors are painted in zinc yellow, Ral 1018.
- Machine documents stored at CD, inclusive programming and operator manual.
The machine is equipped with an open machine table. The open table bars are spaced at 500 mm inside the machine housing on which the jig can be placed. Each bar features a row of D10 drill holes alternated with thread holes M12 spaced at 50 mm to secure the jig to. These grids have always been used on all GEISS machines from the very beginning. Swarf can freely fall through these table bars. The machine has enough floor space underneath for a swarf tray (option 10.7)) or a swarf extraction unit (option 10.8)) should this be required. The height of the table is 550 mm.
All machines are measured with a laser informeter in X and Y axis to compensate the ball screw pitch errors. In 3 axis operation the machine achieves a position accuracy of IT6 as per DIN 7151. In 5 axis operation IT8 is achieved. Increased quality can be achieved by utilising glass encoders and linear motors (Option 4)) and complete error compensation of any machine planes (Option17.6)).
- Company GEISS AG is not responsible for the context of external internet pages -