Alongside the Thermoforming Machines Type T10 and Ts1, GEISS AG also offer CNC Post Processing Centres. These can be further equipped with additional options to suit the requirements of your products, if required.
Using the parametric design, a machine of almost any size can be supplied.
The machines essentially consist of rigid, welded machine frame with a fixed table. The three main axes named as X, Y and Z relate to the perpendicular axes of a cartesian coordinate system.
The trimming spindle is held in an orthogonal or gimble head and is fitted to the machine rotationally on the vertical z axis. The pivoting b axis, the rotating c axis and the centre axis of the spindle meet at one point. During trimming the cutter tip moves continuously on a spherical surface around this cross point.
Our CNC Trimming Machine are:
• CE Certified
• Adaptable to meet the Specific Requirements of the Product in Terms of Quality, Handling, Cycle Times and much more by a Technically up to date Additional Options List
Typical options are:
• Trimming Spindles for a Variety of Application
• Additional Processing Options such as Ultrasound and Cold Knife (if no Ultrasound is required) and Laser Cutting
• Tool Changer
• Various Machine Tables such as Shuttle, Alternating and Rotary
• Machine Enclosures
• Swarf and Dust Extraction Systems
• Vacuum Equipment
• Measuring Systems
• Software Options, Data Acquisition and Logging
• Additional Services and much more
Areas of Application:
• Glass and Carbon Fibre Reinforced Thermosets
• Moulded Parts made from GMT and SMC
• Moulded Parts made from Foam, Leather and a Carrier Part in Sandwich Form
• Wood Panelling
• Plywood Mouldings
• Lightweight Honeycomb Materials
• Blow Mouldings
• Model Making Foam for Tools and Model Making
We are happy to discuss your requirements in a person and look forward to hearing from you.
The Machine Series CNC10
Is our new Machine type since January 2019.
For this development the already existing Motors on the ECO-PLUS were used, proven in the market as future orientated and leading in the field of drive technology on CNC Machines. These in part include three phase servo, torque and linear Motors from Siemens.
The task put to our engineers was therefore much more complex and an idea generator for the new concept which included aspects such as:
• Modern Appearance
• Corporate Design Identification (as per the T10)
• Compact Machine Design
• Improved Machine Mechanics Stability
• Increased Rigidity of the Machine Housing and Axes
• Reduction of Variants and Options (more customer orientated)
It was clear that we needed a new machine design and the result is that we can now present our new CNC10 series!
The new development is completed by the latest generation ball screw assembly (KGT) for the linear axis.
This allows for an increased maximum X and Y axis speed (from 75m/min to 84m/min), direct central lubrication connection, increased KGT rigidity due to the larger diameter and shorter cycle times.
The CNC10 also follows the parametric design, allowing the designer the freedom to incorporate special requests and requirements from the customer.
Control system: Siemens SINUMERIK ONE NEW!
- revised HMI-Software Operate
- proven Sinamics S120 drive system
- NCU 1740 with integrated PLC S7-1500F
30% increased NCK performance and 100% more PLC performance compared to Sinumerik 840D with NCU 710
- IT security as a central architectural element
- Safety Integrated Plus for maximum safety and maximum ease of use, without additional mechanical safety relays.
The response times that Safety Integrated guarantees in the event of a fault cannot be achieved with any other monitoring system. Safety integrated makes it possible to safely monitor feed rates, rotational speeds, directions of movement and positions (performance level d). The speed of milling spindles without rotary encoders is also safely monitored with Safety Integrated Plus.
Control components and interfaces:
- New! 19" Widescreen - TFT Touch Display
- New! SINUMERIK ONE machine control panel MCP 1900 with SINUMERIK Powerride
- New! Electronic Key System: Electronic key to be able to select operation mode 1 to 4 see EN 13128
- Interfaces: 2 x USB 3.0 for user
- Ethernet Network connection on board 1Gbit/s
NC-Functions unchanged => Programs with Sinumerik 840D interchangeable
- Comfortable programming language editor according to DIN 66025 with comprehensive language elements
- Circle centre point programming
- Radii programming
- Circle programming via 3 points
- Comprehensive parameter technology.
- Writing of programmes parallel during processing.
- Move to reference point via program
- Acceleration with soft-start feature
- Programmable acceleration
- Programming of sub-routines and macros
- 2D+n screw line interpolation
- Inserting rounded lines
- Basic concept of various arbitrary transforming, rotating, scaling and mirror imaging of programmes and program sections free in space (coordination transformation)
- 5 axis processing package, 5 axis tool length correction, orientated tool retraction ( via TOFRAME) ,RTCP (TRAORI)
- Dialogue guided programming with graphic contour setting, technology storage, application pictures and simulation
- Correction of tool radii and length
- Basic equipment NCU 1740 with.....
- Optional NCU 1750 and NCU 1760 for applications requiring high NCK performance.
Ultrasound Cutting CNC Machines
Instead of a trimming spindle, an ultrasound cutting unit with an additional NC axis can be selected from the options list. This option cuts materials without noise, materials too difficult or not suitable for spindle trimming.
The piezoelectric effect is todays mainly used in technology to generate ultrasound:
Ultrasound is used to longitudinally oscillate a cutting blade at a frequency of 20 kHz. This oscillating movement greatly reduces the cutting force (compared to Cold Knife cutting).
- Trimming of Thin Walled Thermoformed Products
- Fully Automatic Cutting of PVC Flooring
- Cutting of Ski Skins
- Cutting of Rubber Parts, Carpets and Non-Woven/Fleece Materials
- Scoring of Airbag Weakening Lines in Door and Instrument Panels
- Cutting of Honeycomb Materials
Sound frequencies above the hearing limit, approximately 20 kHz, are referred to as ultrasound. Frequencies applied in Ultrasound cutting range between 20 - 40 kHz.
In todays’ technology the piezoelectric effect is main source of generating Ultrasound.
High voltage produced by a generator is applied to layered quartz crystal discs via a coaxial cable. The discs vibrate in resonance with the AC Voltage applied, resulting in mechanical vibration generating amplitudes of approximately 6-8 μm.
The unit that coverts the electrical vibration into a mechanical vibration is called a converter.
The amplitude must be increased for cutting. The transformation pieces which increase the amplitudes of the mechanical vibration to a few of a tenth millimetres are called sonotrodes.
In most cases the very precise sonotrodes are made of titanium and the cutting blade is fixed to the end of the sonotrode. The carbide knife is either clamped in a slot on the sonotrode or soldered into a screwable pin.
Laser Cutting CNC Machines
We offer portal system with a 2500 W Laser Unit (CO2 slab laser) and associated emission control system in cooperation with ROFIN-SINAR Laser GmbH, acquired by Coherent Inc. in November 2016. Upon request we may be able to offer additional laser powered options.
Laser cutting is a non-contact process, be it cutting, scoring or perforating and requires no further finishing processes.
Support fixtures for components are constructed and manufactured relatively easily compared to full size trimming fixtures.
All machines equipped with a full enclosure and motorised doors can be used as a laser cutting machine.
Additionally, it is also possible to equip the machine with X and Y axis linear motors.
There is a decrease in the required number of beam-guiding deflecting mirrors due to the structural redesign of the vertical axis. As a result, both the power loss of the deflecting mirrors and the maintenance effort is significantly reduced.
The diffusion cooled C0²-Slab Lasers are extremely service friendly and require little maintenance. They function well on few, very durable components and do not require conventional gas circulation which significantly reduces lifetime running costs. An energy saving standby mode also reduces power consumption.
With a wavelength of 10.6μ² the laser is suitable for metals, wood, composite plastics, textiles etc.
The secret of this technology lies in the water cooled electrode plates (slabs). The laser gas is generated between them by means of high frequency. Together, the front and rear resonator mirrors along with the electro slabs, build the optimum resonator. The heat generated during stimulation is absorbed by the electrode via the cooling water (diffusion cooling). Gas circulation by means of a fan for cooling is not necessary and the distinct advantage of this principle /method is that the gas is not circulated or constantly being renewed. This eliminates the need for turbines and blowers, prone to wear and tear and requiring maintenance. This means that resonator optics (especially the decoupling windows) contaminated by the flowing laser gas are a thing of the past.